The secret to a great gazpacho is in how ripe your tomatoes are. In Britain out tomatoes are ripest throughout the summer months. Fortunately for us, the Andalusian dish has been used as a way of cooling off on hot days for centuries. Check out our perfect recipe for a perfect summer dish.
If you’re missing any ingredients for your Authentic Andalusian Gazpacho, get them delivered to your door with Kerry’s Fresh today.
- 1kg of mixed tomatoes we like (vine tomatoes, cherry tomatoes and beef tomatoes)
- 1 s
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 red pepper
- Handful of basil
- 1 clove of garlic
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Core the tomatoes and cut them into small chunks. Add half to the blender and the other half into a serving bowl. Chop the onion and add it to the blender with the tomatoes.
- Chop the cucumber into relatively even chunks, place half of them in the blender and half in the serving bowl. Do the same with the bell pepper.
- Add the basil, garlic, a few good glugs of olive oil and vinegar. Season generously with salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Mix until the the mixture is completely smooth.
- Add the contents of the serving bowl to into the blender and mix for 10-20 seconds (depending on how smooth you like it).
- Chill the soup in the fridge for at least 2 hours. (If you’re in a rush you can blend some ice cubes into it.)
- Before serving taste the soup for flavour and season as necessary. Serve into smaller bowls, sprinkle some basil over the top and enjoy!
Create your own Kerry’s Fresh vegetable box and have all of these ingredients and more delivered straight to your door. Click here to begin creating your box packed with locally sourced goodness!