- Peel and chop the onion and carrots finely. Fry in the butter until they start to soften, but are not browned. (The onions should look transparent).
- Add the lentils and stock, with some seasoning (go easy at this stage). Simmer over a gentle heat until the lentils are soft.
- Blend in a food blender (make sure you leave it to run for quite a while, it is important that the soup is really smooth).
- Season with salt, pepper and cumin to taste. For an extra flourish, add a sprinkle of paprika to the bowl.
- Serve steaming hot with wedges of lemons. Squeeze liberally into the soup to taste. Some nice crusty bread makes a perfect accompaniment!
Create your own Kerry’s Fresh vegetable box and have all of these ingredients and more delivered straight to your door. Click here to begin creating your box packed with locally sourced goodness!