Crispy, fluffy and delicious. Make the ultimate roast potatoes with this recipe for your Sunday roast or Christmas dinner!
1kg potatoes, 100g goose fat, 2tsp flour, salt to serve
- Place a roasting tin in the oven (make sure it’s big enough to lay potatoes in a single layer) and heat oven to 200ºc/gas 6
- Peel 1kg potatoes and cut into 4 even pieces
- Pop potatoes into salted water and wait for boil, when the water begins to boil lower the heat and simmer uncovered for 2 mins.
- Put 100g goose fat into the hot roasting tin and heat in the oven so it’s really hot!
- Drain your boiled potatoes in a colander shaking back and forth to fluff up the outsides.
- Sprinkle 2 tsp flour and make sure they are thinly coated
- Carefully put your potatoes into the hot fat, roll them around to make sure they are coated all over.
- spread your potatoes into a single layer ensuring they have lots of room and roast for 15 mins. Turn them around and roast for another 15 mins, do that one more time and roast for 10-20 mins.
- scatter with salt and serve hot!