Perfect for a summer evening, these Grilled Shrimp Skewers with a Spicy Harissa Sauce can make a light dinner or be part of a BBQ spread.
- 500g shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 500g Kerry’s Fresh asparagus (trimmed and cut into 2-in. pieces)
- 2 medium Kerry’s Fresh leeks, white and light green parts only (sliced into 3/4-in.-thick rounds)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper
For the sauce
- 2 lemons (halved)
- 250ml mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tbsp. harissa paste
- Heat grill/BBQ to medium-high. Thread shrimp, asparagus and leek rounds onto skewers. Brush lightly with oil and season with 1/2 tsp of salt and pepper.
- Grill skewers until vegetables are tender and shrimp are opaque throughout. This will take 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Place lemons on the grill alongside skewers cut sides down, and grill until charred, about 4 minutes.
- Into a small bowl, squeeze 2 tsp. juice from 1 charred lemon half. Stir in mayonnaise and harissa to combine. Serve skewers with harissa mayo and remaining charred lemon halves. Tuck into your delicious Grilled Shrimp Skewers!
Create your own Kerry’s Fresh vegetable box and have all of these ingredients and more delivered straight to your door. Click here to begin creating your box packed with locally sourced goodness!