Whether you have some leftover veg or just fancy cooking up some greens, this dish is a great way of getting your 5 a day.
- 500g brussels sprouts
- Half a broccoli head
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 lemon
- 1 handful of fresh dill
- 75g cheese
- 5 free range eggs
- Olive oil
- Cook the sprouts and broccoli until tender. Let them cool before chopping them.
- Finely chop the garlic and dill and grate the lemon zest.
- Toss the shredded sprouts and greens into a bowl. Crumble in the cheese and add the garlic, dill and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then mix well.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl. Combine with the mixture made in the previous step.
- Place a large frying pan over a medium heat and add some oil. Once hot, fry the onion until becoming translucent. Then ladle the mix into the pan and flatten to make patties.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes until the egg is starting to set then carefully flip and fry on the other side until the egg is cooked.
- Slice the lemon and squeeze over the fritters to serve.
Create your own Kerry’s Fresh vegetable box and have all of these ingredients and more delivered straight to your door. Click here to begin creating your box packed with locally sourced goodness!