910g tomato, 1 red bell pepper, 1 medium onion, 6 cloves garlic, 120ml olive oil, salt to taste, 1tsp dried oregano, 1 tsp dried thyme, 1 tsp tomato paste, 2 cups vegetable stock, 20g fresh basil leaves.
- Preheat oven to 220ºC
- Roughly chop the tomatoes, remove the seeds and ribs from the bell pepper and slice. Peel and quarter the onion, smash and peel the garlic cloves, add everything to a baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 30 minutes until vegetables are browned on the edges.
- Transfer roasted vegetables to a slow cooker. Add oregano, thyme, tomato paste and vegetable stock.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours
- using an immersion blender, puree the soup until creamy.
- Stack and roll the basil leaves, then thinly slice and some to the soup and stir.
- Ladle the warm soup into bowls and garnish with more basil.
Create your own Kerry’s Fresh vegetable box and have all of these ingredients and more delivered straight to your door. Click here to begin creating your box packed with locally sourced goodness!