Camembert Christmas Centerpiece
Hot melting cheese and festive sharing bread for the whole family to get stuck into this Christmas! Ready in just 1 hour.
400g white bread flour, 100g wholemeal flour, 7g fast action yeast sachet, 2 red onions thinly sliced, 1 egg, lightly beaten, 3 tbsp olive oil, a pinch of salt, 1 whole camembert, 50g cranberry sauce, 3 sprigs rosemary
- Stir together the flours, yeast & salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre of your mix. Fill a jug with 350ml of warm water and pour into your well. Add 2tbsp olive oil and mix using a wooden spoon until its soft and sticky!
- Lightly flour a surface and place your mixture, knead well for 10 minutes. Transfer into a lightly oiled bowl and cover with clingfilm, set this aside in a warm place for an hour until it doubles in size.
- Heat the remaining oil in a pan and cook your onions for 8-10 minutes until softened. Take two rosemary sprigs, roughly chop and add to the pan, cook for another minute. Set this aside.
- Once your dough has risen, place it onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead in the red onion mixture, separate your dough into 16 separate pieces and roll into balls. Place them onto a lined baking tray, cover with lightly oiled clingfilm and allow to rise for another 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes place them into a circle with each ball touching on a lined baking tray, place a plate the same size as your camembert into the middle. Brush the bread all over with the beaten egg.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, remove your plate (carefully) and replace with the Camembert, sprinkle rosemary over the bread and bake for another 15 minutes until the bread is golden and your cheese has melted in the middle.
- Serve with cranberry sauce.