Add some variety to your summer BBQ with these delicious veggie charred cauliflower kebabs. Seasoned with harissa and topped with smoked almonds and jalapeños, we guarantee the meat-eaters won’t be able to resist either!
- A handful of fresh herbs (parsley, mint, coriander and dill all go well with this dish)
- 3 tbsp rose harissa
- 5 tbsp plain yoghurt
- 1 large cauliflower (tough outer leaves removed)
- Olive oil for drizzling
- 1 garlic bulb
- A bunch of spring onions
- 4-6 flatbreads
- A small handful of pickled green chillies
- 2 jalapeno chillies (sliced)
- 50g smoked almonds (chopped)
- Light the barbecue and heat until the coals are glowing white (or heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6).
- Mix the chopped herb stalks in a bowl with 2 tbsp harissa and 3 tbsp yoghurt and season. Rub all over the cauliflower, working it between the remaining leaves. Tightly wrap the cauliflower in a layer of baking paper followed by foil, adding a drizzle of olive oil before sealing it closed. Wrap the garlic bulb in foil, drizzling with a little oil and seasoning before sealing to close.
- Put the wrapped cauliflower and garlic on the barbecue, cover with the lid and cook for 20-30 minutes, testing with a skewer to check they’re done – see tip. (If using the oven, cook on a baking tray for 40 minutes until just tender.) See Make Ahead.
- Set the garlic aside until ready to use. Carefully unwrap the cauliflower and cut into 4-6 wedges, then set on the barbecue grill. Toss the spring onions with a drizzle of oil and cook alongside the cauliflower wedges for about 5 minutes until everything is lightly charred, turning halfway through. Alternatively, cook the spring onions on a hot griddle pan until lightly charred (you may need to do this in batches).
- Gently warm the flatbreads on the barbecue (or griddle pan), squeeze over a little roasted garlic, then top with a cauliflower wedge and charred spring onion. Drizzle with the remaining harissa and yoghurt, then scatter with the chillies, herbs and smoked almonds to serve.
Create your own Kerry’s Fresh vegetable box and have all of these ingredients and more delivered straight to your door. Click here to begin creating your box packed with locally sourced goodness!