Creamy and comforting, this is the vegan take on mac & cheese
1 Butternut squash (peeled & cubed) 1 medium white onion (quartered) 65g raw cashews, 35g yeast, 1 clove garlic, 1 tsp dried rosemary, ½ tsp nutmeg, 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp mustard, 1 tbsp salt, 480ml vegetable stock, 455g macaroni, fresh parsley for garnish.
- Cut off both ends of the Butternut squash and poke all over with a fork, microwave for 3-4 minutes.
- Peel the skin off the squash, once peeled slice the squash in half, scoop out seeds and cut into cubes.
- In a slow cooker, combine your squash, onion, cashews, yeast, garlic, rosemary, nutmeg, olive oil, mustard, salt and vegetable stock. Stir to combine.
- Cook on high for 4 hours (or low for 8) until softened.
- Transfer the mixture into a blender and puree for 5 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the sauce onto your cooked macaroni and stir
- Garnish with parsley and enjoy!