Tomato Pesto Courgetti – A lighter summery version of a hearty pasta dish.
- 2-3 Courgettes (spiralized or thinly grated lengthways)
- 100g walnuts
- 500g vine-ripened cherry tomatoes
- 50g oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes (rinsed and drained)
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Handful of basil
- Parmesan to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Toast the walnuts over a medium heat until they release their rich fragrance (around 7 minutes). Set to one side to cool.
- Place a large saucepan over a medium heat, cook the cherry tomatoes, olive oil and a pinch of salt. Cover the pot and cook until the tomatoes have burst open and start to cook in their own juices. This should also take around 7 minutes. Set aside.
- Using a food processor, combine the walnuts, half the tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, lemon zest, red pepper flakes, a ¼ teaspoon of salt and freshly ground black pepper. Blend until smooth and season to taste with additional lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl add the courgettes, follow them in with the smooth pesto mixture and combine.
- For the topping pour the rest of the cherry tomatoes over the top and tear the basil leaves over them. Drizzle with olive oil and grate the parmesan over the top.
Create your own Kerry’s Fresh vegetable box and have all of these ingredients and more delivered straight to your door. Click here to begin creating your box packed with locally sourced goodness!