The Great British summer is exciting for a multitude of reasons… Not least is the fresh produce. We are blessed to have a wide variety of tomatoes on these shores and what better to celebrate them than with a delicious, quick and easy dish.
If you’re missing any ingredients for your Tomato Toast, get them delivered to your door with Kerry’s Fresh today.
- 500g Cherry vine tomatoes
- 250g Cherry tomatoes
- Splash of red wine vinegar
- 2-4 pieces (depending on size) of Ciabatta or Sourdough bread
- 1 Garlic Clovehttps://www.kerrysfresh.co.uk/product/garlic-olive-oil/
- Fresh Basil
- 125g buffalo mozzarella ball
- Salt to taste
- Chop the mixed cherry tomatoes, roughly chopped is fine as it adds to a nice chunky texture. Throw them in a bowl and add the vinegar and a few good glugs of olive oil. Season generously with salt and some pepper.
- Meanwhile, toast the bread until golden brown. Chop the garlic clove in half and rub over one side of the bread a couple of times – be careful not to overdo it as raw garlic is a very strong flavour.
- Taste the tomatoes and check for seasoning. Spoon the tomatoes onto the bread and tear over the fresh basil and mozzarella. Add more olive oil, salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!
Create your own Kerry’s Fresh vegetable box and have all of these ingredients and more delivered straight to your door. Click here to begin creating your box packed with locally sourced goodness!