A delicious meat-free alternative for a traditional lasagne, ready in just under an hour.
70g unsalted butter, 50g plain flour, 800ml milk, 1 fresh bay leaf, 800g spinach, 200g ricotta cheese, 1 whole nutmeg, 300g fresh lasagne sheets 100g parmesan cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/gas 5.
- Melt 50g of the butter in a pan and whisk in the flour. cook for 1 to 2 minutes then mix in the milk till smooth. Season with salt and black pepper, add the bay leaf and simmer for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Remove stalks from the spinach, wilt with the remaining 20g butter in a covered pan. when wilted, drain, then when cool enough to handle squeeze out the liquid.
- Chop the spinach and mix with the ricotta, a ladleful of the white sauce and a good grating of nutmeg to season.
- In a baking dish, layer lasagne sheets, white sauce, spinach mixture and a grating of parmesan. finish with a layer of pasta topped with sauce and more parmesan.
- bake for 30 minutes until golden, then enjoy!
Create your own Kerry’s Fresh vegetable box and have all of these ingredients and more delivered straight to your door. Click here to begin creating your box packed with locally sourced goodness!