Tired of the typical potato salad BBQ side? Dress-up the classic side with this delicious BBQ Grilled Leek Potato Side Salad.
- 500g new red potatoes
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 2 medium leeks, white and light green parts only (halved lengthwise)
- Olive oil
- 1 tbsp. finely grated lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp. cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. whole-grain mustard
- Heat grill to medium-high. Place the potatoes in a large pot, add enough cold water to cover by 2 inches, and bring to a boil. Add 2 teaspoons salt, reduce heat, and simmer until just tender (around 12-15 minutes). Drain and run under cold water to cool.
- While potatoes cook, brush leeks with 2 teaspoons oil, then place on the grill cut sides down, covered, until charred and nearly tender (around 5 minutes). Turn and cook for 2 more minutes. Transfer to a bowl, cover and let sit for at least 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine lemon zest, pepper flakes, vinegar, mustard, 3 tablespoons of oil, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt and pepper.
- Halve potatoes, or quarter if large. Chop leeks and toss with vinaigrette, then fold in potatoes. Serve and enjoy your delicious BBQ Grilled Leek Potato Side Salad!
Create your own Kerry’s Fresh vegetable box and have all of these ingredients and more delivered straight to your door. Click here to begin creating your box packed with locally sourced goodness!