Sweet, pears and fragrant warming spices, the delicious Pear Tarte Tatin will definitely have your guests coming back for a second slice!
125g caster sugar, 40g unsalted butter, 1/2 tsp ground ginger, 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, 3 large pears, 375g all-butter puff pastry, double cream to serve.
- pre-heat the oven to 200°C/400°/gas 6.
- Place a frying proof with an ovenproof handle over a medium heat. Add sugar and heat to a lovely caramel colour stirring constantly.
- Chop your butter into cubes, then add to the pan with the ginger and cinnamon and stir.
- Peel and core the pears, cut into wedges, then place into your caramel and spoon over. Turn the heat down and cook for 5-10 minutes until pears are tender.
- remove from the heat and cool, then arrange your pears into a tart pan.
- Roll out the pastry to around 5mm thick and cut a disc shape slightly bigger than your tart pan.
- Carefully place your disc on top of the pears and caramel, then carefully tuck it around your pears and down the side of your pan.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until pastry is golden and puffed up.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 10 minutes. Run a knife around the edges and place a large plate on top and turn the tart onto the plate. Serve with double cream or vanilla ice cream and enjoy!