This Peach, Parma Ham & Mozzarella Salad is packed full of wonderful flavours. The sweetness of the peaches and parma ham combined with the creaminess of the mozzarella, make this salad a welcome addition to any summer menu. Enjoy!
- 350ml chicken/vegetable stock
- 50g buckwheat
- 50g quinoa
- 100g Kerry’s Fresh green beans
- 4 parma ham slices (add more if you wish!)
- Juice of a lemon
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Kerry’s Fresh ripe, juicy peaches (cut into thick chunks)
- 50g Kerry’s Fresh rocket
- 125g mozzarella (torn)
- A handful of Kerry’s Fresh mint leaves
- Heat the stock in a pan, then add the buckwheat and quinoa. Bring back to the boil and cook for 10-15 minutes until the grains are tender, adding the beans/sugar snaps for the final 1-2 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, dry-fry the parma ham over high heat for 1 minute or until beginning to crisp (it will turn completely crisp once cooled). Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Combine the lemon juice, olive oil and a generous sprinkling of salt and pepper in a large bowl, then add the cooled grain mixture. Add the peaches, rocket, mozzarella, mint and half the crispy parma ham, roughly broken, and toss together. Pile onto a platter and top with the remaining crispy ham pieces. Serve straightaway!
Create your own Kerry’s Fresh vegetable box and have all of these ingredients and more delivered straight to your door. Click here to begin creating your box packed with locally sourced goodness!