Whipped, velvety mashed potatoes with a twist!
4 Ib potatoes, ½ cup unsalted butter, 1 stick butter melted, 1 cup heavy cream, 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, 1 head garlic crushed, ground black pepper, chives finely chopped, gravy for serving.
- Peel your potatoes and dice into 1-inch cubes.
- Place them into a large pot of cold water, add the salt and bring to boil over high heat, once boiling reduce to low heat and simmer for 12 minutes until tender.
- Drain the water and mash with a potato masher.
- Add the melted butter and stir, season with salt to taste.
- In a small saucepan, combine heavy cream, rosemary and garlic. Bring to a simmer over low heat, after a few minutes remove from heat and strain through a fine-mesh sieve.
- Gradually add the mixture to your potatoes stirring until fully incorporated
- Top with a pat of butter, ground pepper and a sprinkle of chives.
- Serve with gravy and enjoy!