We love this moist, delicious carrot and walnut cake recipe, a sweet treat to have with your favourite hot beverage to share with friends.
2 large eggs, 3/4 cup canola oil, 1 cup brown sugar, 3/4 tsp vanilla extract, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp cinnamon, a dash of salt, 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour, 1/12 cup grated carrots, 1/2 cup chopped walnuts.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, oil, sugar and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add the baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Mix until combined.
- Mix in the flour, stirring until the flour is fully incorporated in.
- Fold in the carrots and walnuts.
- Spray an 8×8 baking pan with cooking spray. Spread the batter in the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-37 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Once the cake has cooled, sprinkle powdered sugar on top and serve.
Create your own Kerry’s Fresh vegetable box and have all of these ingredients and more delivered straight to your door. Click here to begin creating your box packed with locally sourced goodness!