Looking for a healthier alternative to crisps? These Beetroot crisps are a great healthy snack option.
3 bulbs of beetroot, 4 ¼ cups of oil for frying, salt for seasoning.
- Wash your beetroot thoroughly and remove the stems and root. Peel and cut each bulb in half.
- Slice your beetroot as thinly as you can!
- Cover a baking tray with kitchen paper, layout your beetroot slices in one even layer, cover with more kitchen paper and press down. Place the beetroot slices into a preheated oven to 210˚F for 15 minutes until dehydrated.
- Fill a medium saucepan with oil and place over medium heat, preheat to 350˚F
- Once the oil is hot, begin cooking your beetroot in small batches until crispy
- Remove your beetroot crisps from the oil and drain onto kitchen paper
- Season with salt and enjoy!