If you’re looking for a great vegan barbecue recipe this summer we have a scorcher for you. A great taste of that traditional smoked barbecue flavour that is perfect for a summer’s day.
- 6 sweet potatoes (washed and cut into wedges, skin on or off to your preference)
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 tbsp ginger (minced)
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 50g plain peanuts (chopped)
- 1 green chilli (finely sliced)
- Bunch of spring onions (chopped)
- Set light to a lidded barbecue. For a coal barbecue let the flames die down and the coals turn to embers, for a gas barbie light it to 180C.
- Add the wedges to a bowl and drizzle with 1tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Lay out the wedges on a tray (try and space them equally apart as it ensures they don’t steam each other). Cook for 25 minutes until charred and softened.
- Whisk together the remaining oils, ginger, garlic, soy and lime juice. Baste the wedges with some sauce and return to the heat for another 30-40 minutes.
- When the potatoes seem glazed and sticky, remove and sprinkle on the sesame seeds and peanuts. Let them rest before placing them into a serving bowl. Sprinkle over the chilli and onions to serve.
Create your own Kerry’s Fresh vegetable box and have all of these ingredients and more delivered straight to your door. Click here to begin creating your box packed with locally sourced goodness!