This butternut squash soup recipe is a great winter warmer- healthy and delicious.
2Ib butternut squash peeled, seeded and cubed, 1 carrot, 1 potato (peeled and cubed), 1 stalk of celery, ½ cup onion, 2 sprigs of thyme, 3 cloves garlic, 2 tsp butter, 6 cups of vegetable broth, 2 cups of water, 1 bay leaf, salt and pepper to season.
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat, add your garlic and onion and fry for 1-2 minutes until cooked.
- Add your cubed potato and celery, carrot, salt and pepper and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add your butternut squash, broth, water, bay leaf and thyme, stir and bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce the heat to low, simmer for 25-30 minutes
- Remove the thyme and bay leaf.
- Use a blender to blend the soup until smooth.
- let cool, serve and enjoy!