With the weather getting warmer and new produce growing, this is the perfect dish to get your tastebuds ready for warm summer days…
If you’re missing any ingredients for your watermelon salad, get them delivered to your door with Kerry’s Fresh today.
- 1 ripe watermelon
- 1 small cucumber
- 75g mixed radishes
- 200g feta cheese
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- A handful of fresh mint leaves
- A handful of fresh basil leaves
- Zest of 1 unwaxed lemon
- 2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Balsamic glaze
- Pitted olives (optional)
- Chop the watermelon (make sure to remove the skin now so you don’t have to worry about it when you’re eating later). Chop the cucumber half (end-to-end), and thinly chop into half-moons. Finely slice the radishes. Halve the tomatoes.
- Add the watermelon to a platter or large bowl before adding the cucumber, tomatoes and radishes. Sprinkle over the lemon, mint and basil (tearing the leaves as you go). Add the feta – try crumbling it for a burst of flavour in every bite.
- Season with freshly ground salt and pepper and drizzle over the olive oil and balsamic glaze to taste. If you’re into olives then feel free to add them for more depth of flavour.
Create your own Kerry’s Fresh vegetable box and have all of these ingredients and more delivered straight to your door. Click here to begin creating your box packed with locally sourced goodness!