Spring is here and with it comes a whole host of fresh produce. Our latest recipe features asparagus as the star of the show, mixing it with chicken, eggs and fresh cheese to give it a deliciously light texture.
If you’re missing any ingredients for your low-carb asparagus tart, get them delivered to your door with Kerry’s Fresh today.
- 2 tablespoons butter (plus some aside for greasing)
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 300g asparagus
- 4 eggs
- 100g ricotta
- 50ml milk
- 50g parmesan, freshly grated
- 300 g cooked chicken breast, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4. Find a medium sized tart tin and line it with grease proof paper. Melt the butter in a frying pan and before adding garlic and most of the spring onion. Saute until soft.
- Slice up the asparagus up until the tips. Put the tips to one side and add the 1cm pieces to the pan. Cook on a low to medium heat until they also soften slightly. Season the contents of the pan with salt and freshly ground pepper. Take the pan off the heat, drain the liquid from the pan and allow it to cool off.
- Whilst waiting for the asparagus mix to cool find a mixing bowl and beat the eggs into it. Mix in the ricotta, milk and two-thirds of the parmesan, season this mix to taste.
- Add in the chicken and the cooled asparagus mix into the egg mixture. It’s very important that the mix has cooled off sufficiently as the eggs will start to cook if not.
- Pour the mix into the lined baking tin and make sure everything is distributed evenly. Place the asparagus tips on top and push them down into the mixture slightly.
- Sprinkle the remaining parmesan on top and place the tart onto a baking a tray and into the oven for 20-25 minutes. Cook until the mixture is set and the top is golden brown.
- Leave the mixture to cool down to room temperature before sprinkling with the remaining spring onion and serving.
Create your own Kerry’s Fresh vegetable box and have all of these ingredients and more delivered straight to your door. Click here to begin creating your box packed with locally sourced goodness!